By Don Cooke
ArcGIS now comes with so much free content that it has evolved into a Living Atlas of the World. Esri gets Content for the Living Atlas from three sources:
- Partners including Navteq, which is now known as “Here,” and Digital Globe
- Open sources such as OpenStreetMap
- The community of ArcGIS users, many of whom serve as data stewards for important foundational themes Continue reading
The ArcGIS Content Team has created new Community Maps Data Preparation Tools workshops. The main focus of these workshops are the Community Maps Data Prep Tools. The workshops also introduce students to the Living Atlas of the World, and provide an overview of each step in the Community Maps workflow. Continue reading
Posted in ArcGIS Online, Community Maps
Tagged ArcGIS Content, ArcGIS Online, Community Basemaps, Community Maps, Community Maps Data Prep Tools, Community Maps Data Preparation Tools, Living Atlas, Living Atlas of the World, Training, Workshops
Governments and organizations have been hard at work creating Open Data sites to make their authoritative data accessible, discoverable, explorable, and collaborative. There are over 100 sites in the ArcGIS Open Data site gallery for you to explore! The Site of the Week is a series … Continue reading
ArcGIS Pro is now available, and it is part of ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop. This new desktop application includes many of the features and enhancements you’ve been asking for, including multiple layouts, 2D and 3D editing, 64-bit processing, project workflows, … Continue reading
The 10.2.5 release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF is now available to download from ArcGIS for Developers. This release follows the 10.2.3 release in May 2014 and addresses at least 50 bugs you asked us to fix, and a few more we found as well! We also found time to add a few minor enhancements you asked for:
- Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition is now a supported IDE.
- The gdbVersion on RelationshipParameter Class is now supported.
- New DrawMode.ScreenAlignedRectangle enumeration type was added (Note: DrawMode.Rectangle is map-aligned).
- Support for feature collection items by reference in WebMaps.
- Exposed Symbol properties on Editor, TemplatePicker and EditorWidget.
- Support for WMTS multidimensional services.
You can read the full list of enhancements, issues addressed and known limitations in the release notes.
Note that version 10.2.5 marks the last planned release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF. Technical support will continue to be available through June of 2016. Moving forward, we recommend you explore WPF solutions based on the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET. For information on transitioning to the new ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET please read this blog post.
New versions of the ArcGIS API for Silverlight and ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight are now available for download. The 3.3 release is focused on bug fixes and targeted enhancements to improve product quality and integration with the ArcGIS platform. Changes include:
- Support for GdbVersion on ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer and RelationshipParameter classes
- Support for feature collection items in web maps
- Exposed symbol properties to modify the editing experience with Editor, TemplatePicker, and EditorWidget
- Support for OAuth authentication when connecting to ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS content
- Support for services with multi-point geometry
- Fallback to authentication using proxy when service connections fail
In addition to the changes above, the 3.3 release includes support for Visual Studio Community 2013. You can learn more about what’s new in the API here, and what’s new in the Viewer here. The Viewer’s source code is available on GitHub here.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry 10.3 is full of new and exciting features, such as the new support for point feature classes! Here’s a quick list of some of the highlights: Continue reading
We are pleased to announce the release of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 6.0.1.
This release of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos offers the following updates:
- Report consumers can add data from ArcGIS to the map
- Support for IBM Cognos 10.1, 10.1.1, 10.2 FP 4, 10.2.1 FP5, and 10.2.2
- Support for Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server on System z
- Support for Apple Safari on iOS 8.x
- Software and documentation available in seven languages: English, German, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Simplified Chinese
Visit esri.com to download and install Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 6.0.1.
For more information about Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 6.0.1, see the Esri Maps for IBM Cognos product documentation, and be sure to visit GeoNet to get help from the community.
~The Esri Maps for IBM Cognos Team
The ArcPad team is pleased to announce that ArcPad 10.2.2 is available to download via the My Esri website. The ArcPad 10.2.2 update addresses some important usability and feature enhancements that improves the utility and stability of ArcPad. Here are … Continue reading
Esri is committed to developing new technologies and ways to utilize the ArcGIS platform that expands its support of the maritime operations. One of our emerging technologies, the Maritime Chart Server, has been generating a lot of buzz and excitement … Continue reading